01 April, 2007

What A Week

I'm shot. I don't think that I have ever been more tired than I am right now, and I have to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again. Working At Highgear and UPS is pretty tiring. I got about an average of 4-5 hours of sleep per night this week, a little more on Saturday night and hopefully tonight.

UPS was pretty good, helped me drop 3 lbs. this week. I loaded over 4,000 packages into semi trailers and had only 1 mis-sort, putting the wrong package in the wrong trailer, which is a pretty good average. I only got about 2 hours on the bike this week , but did more than 20 hours of lifting packages. It's interesting to think that the average package UPS ships is 30 lbs. and I did 4,000 packages which means I lifted 120,000 lbs. in 5 days. That a lot of weight. Most people say that it is the hardest job in the hub, and I agree.

Highgear was awesome this week. With Supersale going on there were plenty of people getting outfitted for the summer. Young, old, new, and veterans were coming in and looking at the huge savings across the board, which was great. We had a lot of people go out with some great bikes and totally stoked on getting fit and having fun. The motto of our store, and company, is "We Support a Community in Motion" and that was never more evident than this weekend. I just hope that the people that invested in biking stay with it forever because it is truly a life changing hobby that only brings happiness, health, and a full life.

Talked to my Dad tonight, he is having back surgery on Tuesday to fuse 3 lumbar vertebrae so that he is able to walk around without his legs falling asleep. He was a runner all through his teens into his 30's and that constant pounding did a number on his back. Looks like I'm going to have to get him a bike so he can keep in shape. He also says that my brother has 1 goal for Lincoln Plating, and as if I didn't know, it is kicking my ASS. Big whoop, I know he can do that, but maybe I'll surprise him. That's my goal to surprise him and maybe myself.

Later on,
Matt

1 comment:

bryan said...

Dude, you need a nap. Or a day off. Or something.