17 January, 2008

Bicycling

For those of you that live next to a book store that sells Bicycling magazine. I implore you to go and read an article in the January/February 2008 issue. The article is call 'Broke'. It's basically about some of the tragedies and consequences we as cyclists face when we hit the open road. Syd has been talking about it lately.

I've been commuting for 4 years and face it all the time, but I never, as all of us do, want anything bad to happen to anyone. I was hit by a car last summer and all the lady said was, 'I didn't see you'. Of course, that was 10 seconds after she gunned her conversion van to go around me and make an immediate right hand turn in front of me. Luckily, I was okay and left a Newell sized dent in the side of her van.

Anyway, please go read the article, and visit Activate Omaha. We all have a part to do to stay safe. Are you doing yours?

No comments: