18 February, 2008


These will be showing up hopefully this week for me. I've thought about getting some really nice shoes the past few months. I've always had trouble getting cycling shoes to fit properly. My length of foot is really only a 43.5-44, but my arch length is around a 46. That can cause some problems when it comes to getting cleats in the right place. Usually I have to just shove the cleat all the way forward in order to get it close to the right place. Now with the R-300's from Shimano that will be a thing of the past. I did get some 44's so that they don't fit too loose, but these will definitely be better than any of the shoes I've had before.

I have been experiencing some knee pain lately and I attributed that to both the shoes that I am currently using and the Look Keo Sprint pedals I used this past year. So once again I am going back to the Speedplay Zero pedals that I have used for a little over 2 1/2 years. Hopefully my knees will be fine again and I'll be able to crank out those watts and take those sprints. Yeah, right.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited and can't wait to be able to get out and ride my road bike. I talked with MOD today about switching my days off once the Wednesday night road ride starts up at the Trek Store. This will be my third season/second full year wit the company and I've always worked on Wednesday's. So hopefully in Mid-March or Early April I will be able to ride on Wednesday's and get faster as the year goes on. My days off will be Wednesdays and Saturdays. The two best riding days of the week...right?

No comments: