22 August, 2008

Another Update

Alright. By now everyone has seen the pictures of the bikes, shoes, clothing. Pretty sweet, huh? The new District is sick, even to ride. The Top Fuel is the most fun 26" bike that I have ridden in a long time. The Superfly is AMAZING!!! I can go on and on. If you want the lowdown check out the websites, give me a call, or just go out and ride them at the DEMOS that are happening near you.

I worked a ton last week, as most of you have seen, and I went out a lot too. Even though the going out is not really up my alley, I still had some fun. All my dealers from Northern California and Reno are super cool. I didn't meet anyone last week that made me think that they weren't into bikes for the right reasons. Besides, 'you'll never get rich working in the bike shop.' That's true MOD, but you do so much more that is worth every penny that comes along.

I did meet one person that stood out from every single person that was in attendance, but I'll leave that for another time and another post. Let me just say, WOW! I'll have to leave it at that for now. We'll see what happens.

139 hours of work in 10 days = Not fun when you have to work 19 days in a row on top of it. Oh well, it was fun and I had a blast. I'm sort of looking forward to next year, but dreading all the work at the same time.

Oh yeah, Dave Mirra bought me a beer and we actually were sitting at a booth at The Great Dane talking about stuff, when Andy Pedley and Chad Riche walked up. If you don't believe me that I was hanging out with him, ask them. I wish I had a picture of the look on their faces....Priceless! If you want to see shock, it was in them. I'm kind of a big deal up here, what can I say? Unbelievable.

I'll put up some pictures from the show when I get them back from the photographer.

No comments: