14 December, 2011

Update: Part 1


I really need to keep this thing updated more.

So let's catch up, shall we?

As most of you know, I don't live in Omaha, NE anymore.  Towards the end of end of September I flew out to California to interview for a job at Specialized Bicycle Components.  Needless to say, I was extraordinarily nervous about the interview and the job overall.  It would mean I would have to leave Omaha, and Ashley.  Well obviously things went well and on October 10, 2011, I started my new job as an Inside Sales Representative at Specialized.  I was pretty pumped at the opportunity to do something different in the cycling industry and to continue my career in the industry that has given me so much and I think that I think I can still impact in a positive manner.

I have spent the last 2 years at The Bike Way in Omaha, NE and during that time I made some wonderful friends.  It wasn't always easy there, but we were always family, and we always came back together in the end.  I miss everyone there everyday, but it was ultimately time for me to move on.

To Trevin, Tara, The Seng Six, Nate, Sean, Jon, Bruce, Danny, Matt G., and all my race team compatriots; I miss you all and will see you again in June when I come back to Omaha for a visit.  You are truly some of the best people I have ever known or worked with.  I am proud to consider you my friends. 

On October 7th, I loaded up the GTI, said goodbye to the amazing and lovely Ashley, and headed out on I-80 for the next 1700+ miles.  I have done a few trips by myelf, but never going farther than Denver.  So this time I blew way past that.  I spent 26 hours in the car.  I drove through Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and Finally most of the across California.  The scenery in certain parts of the country is amazing, and some parts are completely desolate and seemingly without life for upwards of 100 to 200 miles.  Spending that long in a car can get pretty mind-numbing.  I don't think I could make that drive again, at least not alone.

That's enough for tonight.  Coming up in Part 2 I will talk about California, rediscovering my love for riding my bike again, and the wonderful South African's.

Stay Tuned!

No comments: